Click here to download a printable pdf of this page.
Chalk-It-Up to Sacramento! is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of arts education in all disciplines for young people (grades K – 12) in schools or community-based settings in Sacramento County. Our mission is two-fold: 1.) To produce an annual chalk art festival for the community, 2.) To use proceeds from our fundraising to provide arts education opportunities for youth throughout Sacramento County.
- Mini-grants in amounts of up to $500 are available for qualified educational activities that meet the criteria below. Any individual or organization may apply for, and/or receive, only one grant per calendar year.
GENERAL FUNDING CATEGORIES
- Project-specific grants for organizations that provide support for arts education and training programs for youth in (grades K-12) in Sacramento County.
- Grants (or scholarships) for individuals or groups in Sacramento County to attend arts related training, camps or classes. (Location of training need not be within Sacramento County.)
- We sponsor a limited number of arts programs in collaboration with other established arts organizations.
- Funds may not be used to replace state or local funds for staff or school personnel, or for celebration supplies, food and refreshments.
- Art materials, equipment or tools for classes such as: art supplies, textbooks, musical instruments, sheet music, computers or software essential to an educational program, etc.
- Transportation expenses for arts-related field trips.
- Speaker or guest artist fees
- Attendance fees for artistic productions, performances, classes, workshops, museum visits, etc.
Please email us if you have any questions about the eligibility of your specific grant application.
- Projects that serve youth in grades K-12 within Sacramento County are eligible for funding.
- Projects must provide participatory learning and creative guidance that nurtures young people’s artistic senses in any discipline of the arts. (Visual, Music, Dance, Theater, Literature, Film, etc…)
- Projects must engage students with skilled artists or arts educators.
- Applicants must reside or operate in the Sacramento area.
- Nonprofit or tax-exempt agencies including educational and religious institutions may apply for funding.
- Individuals seeking assistance with attending established arts education programs may apply.
- Projects may not be discriminatory toward the participants for any purpose or in any manner, nor may they advocate a specific religious or political point of view.
- Individuals and organizations may apply for a grant once per calendar year. Any individual or organization may receive only one grant per year.
- Funds may only be used for the purpose that has been listed on your application. Chalk It Up may ask for documentation of payments, attendance or participation in the activities described. If funds are proven to be misused or otherwise misappropriated Chalk it Up may require the return of all funding.
CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATIONS
Chalk-It-Up considers grant applications on an ongoing basis throughout the year as funds are available. We will make every attempt to respond to your application with 90 days of receipt. Please have patience as we are a very small, all-volunteer group. If your funding request is time sensitive please make note of it clearly in your application.
You will be notified ASAP if funding is not available at the time of your application.
Please email us at if you have any questions about your grant application. All applicants will receive a written response to their proposal within the timeframes listed above. If your application is not funded, you may resubmit it for the next funding cycle.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org